Embedded Maven Version

JH

Nov 13, 2008, 5:22:34 AM11/13/08
to Q for Eclipse users list
Hi all,

I tried to figure out which maven version is used in Q4E, but haven't
found any documentation about it. I wonder why this really important
piece of information isn't in bold letters on the main web page. Or
maybe I'm just stupid and missing out on some doc pages. I'm using the
command line version 2.0.9 and the provided plugin versions differ
from those used within Q4E. I've had several issues in the past when
upgrading maven versions as their dependency/plugin resolution system
changed. I do know that I can resolve most of them by specifying the
exact version in my pom, but nonetheless I want to know which maven
version is embedded.

Kind Regards,
Jan

Abel Muiño

Nov 13, 2008, 6:53:43 AM11/13/08
to q4e-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

The embedder used by q4e comes from the (not yet released) maven development branch (it was 2.1.x in q4e, now renumbered as 3.0.x).

The exact revision used are in the downloads section of q4e's site (or you can check the version of the org.apache.maveb.embedder plug-in).

Since the embedder is a work in progress, some differences might be detected between command line and embedded use of maven. In that case, those should be reported to the maven project (some might be intentional, others might be bugs).

Yours,
--
Abel Muiño - http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com/

JH

Nov 13, 2008, 8:40:10 AM11/13/08
to Q for Eclipse users list
Thanks for the info, I stumbled upon two plugin versions that were
different in the default maven pom: the assembly plugin and plugin-
plugin both have newer versions in the maven 2.0.9 version.

Kind Regards,
Jan