Support for single eclipse project for a multi module maven pom?

emmartins

Oct 26, 2009, 8:13:00 AM10/26/09
to Q for Eclipse users list
Hi, is this feature planned, I find it very unreasonable to have a
project per pom for very big projects...

-- Eduardo

Abel Muiño

Oct 26, 2009, 12:19:30 PM10/26/09
to Q for Eclipse users list
Eclipse architecture does not allow accurate mapping for a single
project with multiple modules, since the build classpath can not be
independently set for each module.

So it is unlikely that the feature can be included in the short term
(improvements are being done in eclipse under the e4 project, so it
might be possible to implement it in the future)

Eduardo Martins

Oct 26, 2009, 12:24:15 PM10/26/09
to q4e-...@googlegroups.com
That classpath merge limitation is expectable in such project setup,
imho a neutral behavior (merge every module classpath) is appropriate,
I think that is how M2Eclipse handles it too, but not sure.

-- Eduardo

Alistair Israel

Oct 26, 2009, 8:01:57 PM10/26/09
to q4e-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Eduardo Martins <emma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That classpath merge limitation is expectable in such project setup,
> imho a neutral behavior (merge every module classpath) is appropriate,
> I think that is how M2Eclipse handles it too, but not sure.

m2eclipse has an option to create multiple projects for each module,
setting the project dependencies/classpaths appropriately.

If parent project P has modules "Jar", "War" and "Ear", where "Ear"
depends on (includes) "Jar" and "War", then four projects are created:

- "Ear"
- "Jar"
- "P"
- "War"