M2eclipse v Q4e - is this an accurate distinction?

dhartford

Sep 22, 2008, 9:34:11 AM9/22/08
to Q for Eclipse users list
First, I wanted to post to IAM, but since this is broken:
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.technology.iam

I have some doubts.

Anyway, does this sound accurate:

*M2Eclipse can use any version of Maven, but *requires* an
installation of Maven to work.

*Q4E uses embedded Maven, and does not require an installation of
Maven to work (but you must use the version provided).

I think the distinct fact that one requires an install of Maven, while
the other will just start working once the plugin is installed, is
quite the difference.

Please let me know if this indeed is an accurate distinction!

-D

erle mantos

Sep 22, 2008, 9:42:58 AM9/22/08
to q4e-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is quite accurate.

The eclipse IAM newsgroup isn't broken for me. Kindly check again
so we can inform the eclipse people.

Every bit is sacred, Every bit is right.
If a bit is wasted, I can't sleep at night.
Every bit is gorgeous, Every bit is free.
Admire the shape it forges, In hex and BCD!

eu

Sep 22, 2008, 12:00:40 PM9/22/08
to Q for Eclipse users list

Actually it is NOT accurate.

m2eclipse does NOT require Maven installation and also uses embedded
Maven by default. The difference is that m2eclipse allows you to chuse
what Maven versio you want to run. You can even run more then one
version of Maven within same Eclipse workspace. There is of course
number of other differences between plugins. You can see side by side
comparison on the wiki at http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Eclipse+Integration

regards,
Eugene

On Sep 22, 9:42 am, "erle mantos" <eman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is quite accurate.

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:34 PM, dhartford <binarymon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > First, I wanted to post to IAM, but since this is broken:
> >http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.technology...

erle mantos

Sep 22, 2008, 9:47:06 PM9/22/08
to q4e-...@googlegroups.com
I see. Thanks for correcting this misconception.