Q4E installed in Ganymede, but no visual hint of it being installed

Thomas Wiradikusuma

Jul 25, 2008, 12:22:57 PM7/25/08
to Q for Eclipse users list
Hi guys, I have Q4E installed in Ganymede, but no visual hint of it
being installed. Here's a screenshot of Eclipse software update (sorry
I have to use imageshack):
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3sn6.png

and here's "proof" that when I want to make new Maven project, I can't
find it:
http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture4cw1.png

any idea why?

Kay

Jul 26, 2008, 8:31:35 AM7/26/08
to Q for Eclipse users list
Thomas,
I had the same problem: after only installing the main Q4E plugin and
the xml editor, no sign of Q4E in the menues and wizards was visible.
It appeared in the installed features list however.
I succeded finally by installing the 'Optional' packages from Q4E
update site (pom editor, dependency vieuwer,.. ) and restart Eclipse
after installation.

Thomas Wiradikusuma

Jul 27, 2008, 1:01:56 AM7/27/08
to Q for Eclipse users list
Wow you were right!
Still dont understand why. In Eclipse before Ganymede, if you install
something, it will install
all required depedencies. Why it doesnt go like that in Ganymede?

megathor

Sep 19, 2008, 6:32:36 PM9/19/08
to Q for Eclipse users list
Did you guys achieved to make q4e work on Ganymede?
So far I haven't been able to install it and make it work...
I use the update site and Eclipse always complains about some missing
dependencies (equinox, datatools or something...)

Here's the message that I get:

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements
Match[requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.db.generic.ui/
[1.0.1.v200805152355,1.0.1.v200805152355]].

On 26 jul, 23:01, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow you were right!
> Still dont understand why. In Eclipse beforeGanymede, if you install

Abel Muiño Vizcaino

Sep 20, 2008, 8:28:26 PM9/20/08
to q4e-...@googlegroups.com
Q4E is not using the datatools at all, so this error is a bit strange.

We'll be getting a new release soon and hopefully all those problems with P2 in Ganymede will be gone.