Internal (builtin) Archetype Catalog issues

LMolr

Mar 14, 2010, 10:18:49 AM3/14/10
to Q for Eclipse users list
Hello,
writing here is my last hope, so thank you in advance.

I've just installed a new archetype with "mvn install", followed by
"mvn archetype:crawl".
Both the archetype and the file "archetype-catalog.xml" are under the
folder "$HOME/.m2/repository" .

However, from eclipse, the archetype isn't listed under "Internal
Catalog" sublist.
I guessed it would have to be there.
Am I correct, or i'm misunderstanding the meaning of "Internal
Catalog"?
Any hints to solve it?

Many thanks to everyone.

-- LM

Abel Muiño Vizcaino

Mar 15, 2010, 5:23:34 AM3/15/10
to q4e-...@googlegroups.com
The internal catalog is a readonly catalog bundled with Eclipse IAM
(which is the same one bundled with the maven embedder).

You should register a new catalog with IAM using the Archtype Catalog
XML format and pointing it to your ~/.m2/repository/archetype-
catalog.xml file (this is the file updated by mvn archetype:crawl).

Documentation on adding a new source is available at the old q4e site,
but is still relevant:
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/wiki/Archetype2ArchetypeProvider

--
Abel Muiño - http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com/