Re: Issue 166 in q4e: Initializing Java Tooling taking a long time.

q...@googlecode.com

Jun 15, 2011, 8:54:06 AM6/15/11
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 166 by snml1...@gmail.com: Initializing Java Tooling
taking a long time.
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=166

I have solved that problem in my case. May be it helps someone.

Eclipse (Galileo, v.3.5.0) after restart has showed message "Initializing
Java Tooling 1%" and has been hanging up for a long time.
I've done a copy of ".metadata" folder and sequentially removing each
plugin one by one. Doing that I've found problem plugin, it's
a "org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui". So I've looked into folder and inspected a
files. And I've found some mistakes:

1. File "OpenTypeHistory.xml"
It's contents:
<typeInfoHistroy/>

What I've done - I've replaced "typeInfoHistroy" with "typeInfoHistory".

2. File "QualifiedTypeNameHistory.xml"
It's contents:
<qualifiedTypeNameHistroy/>

I've replaced "qualifiedTypeNameHistroy" with "qualifiedTypeNameHistory".

And after that Eclipse has started fine!

q...@googlecode.com

Jun 16, 2011, 4:46:45 AM6/16/11
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 166 by alfons...@gmail.com: Initializing Java Tooling

Thank you very much. Today it took more than two hours with this problem
and I was going crazy.

Thank you very much for everything...

q...@googlecode.com

Jan 2, 2013, 5:17:08 PM1/2/13
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 166 by jeanphil...@gmail.com: Initializing Java Tooling
Having the same 1% problem and also the two XML files created by an
illiterate.
But correcting to 'history' does not solve the 1% java tooling for me.

q...@googlecode.com

Jan 10, 2014, 1:47:56 AM1/10/14
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 166 by jarkko.k...@gmail.com: Initializing Java Tooling
After browsing a lot of these errors, I found a bunch of workarounds. There
was also solutions identified and if you can update to latest of eclipse,
maybe it could be fixed.

To me above did also not work (although the condition of "..Histroy" was
found).

What finally did the trick, was deleting web-projects from the workspace. I
had them in version control anyway, so that was no big deal.

Some had gotten it fixed by removing Servers -project.

issue notifications to this address.