[q4e-dev] Issue 570 in q4e: Installation of new Q4E failed

q...@googlecode.com

May 25, 2010, 10:39:36 AM5/25/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

Q4E Version: 0.12
Eclipse Version: 3.5.1
Java Version: 1.6.0.20-b02
OS: Windows XP Professional

1. I tried to install Q4E by following the instructions. If I used the
update URL http://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updatesite-iam/, I got an
error with "no repository found." If I used the update URL:
http://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updatesite-dev/, I got the below error.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee,
phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Collect,
operand=, action=).
Problems downloading artifact:
osgi.bundle,org.apache.lucene.core,2.4.0.v20090121-2110.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 9df65cb81df7a7a852f0e06b86089d88
and found b07a260fa04ab99ecefa9fd218376d23.

Here are the steps to replicate:

1. Download Eclipse 3.5.1 zip file and extract the zip content to a folder
of your choice.

2. run eclipse and update the software to get EMF and SVN subversive.

3. install Q4e by following its instruction.

q...@googlecode.com

May 25, 2010, 10:49:02 AM5/25/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 570 by carlossg: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

weird, I have Eclipse EE 3.5-SR2 and have no issues. My build id is
20100218-1602,
what's yours? (in about Eclipse)

q...@googlecode.com

May 26, 2010, 11:47:51 AM5/26/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 570 by khoivu.nguyen: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

Here is my eclipse version:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Build id: 20100218-1602

I still have problems to install Q4E by following the installation
instructions.

q...@googlecode.com

May 26, 2010, 5:34:05 PM5/26/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

is it possible to manually install Q4E?

q...@googlecode.com

May 26, 2010, 6:56:38 PM5/26/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 570 by carlossg: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

are you behind a firewall, proxy,... ?
can you access http://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updatesite-iam/ from
your browser?

seems your access to the update site has some issues. The checksums are
right, and
the update site works from 3.4 and 3.5 Eclipse

q...@googlecode.com

May 26, 2010, 10:55:30 PM5/26/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

Hmm, yes I am behind the company http proxy. How can I specify the proxy
settings in eclipse? Once I logging, I
can get to the update-iam url.

Khoivu

q...@googlecode.com

May 26, 2010, 10:59:41 PM5/26/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

yes I am behind http proxy, but I can update and install other plugins.
Only the Q4E plugin gives me problems.
Where can I enter proxy settings in eclipse?

q...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2010, 3:48:58 AM5/27/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 570 by amuino: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

Look in the Eclipse preferences, under General > Network Connection (or
just search for proxy on the
preferences search box)

q...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2010, 10:35:42 AM5/27/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

I have tried to set settings for each of proxy methods (direct, manual,
native). And I still have the problem.From
the log, the P2 Equinox plugin seems to cause the problem.

Is there manual installation instruction? I would like to bypass update
management for Q4E plugin for this.

///////////////////////// LOG and attached image
/////////////////////////////////////
eclipse.buildId=M20100211-1343
java.version=1.6.0_20
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Error
Thu May 27 10:18:56 EDT 2010

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2010-05-27 10:18:56.843
!MESSAGE An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2010-05-27 10:18:56.843
!MESSAGE session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee,
phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Collect,
operand=, action=).
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository 4 0 2010-05-27
10:18:56.843
!MESSAGE Problems downloading artifact:
osgi.bundle,org.apache.lucene.core,2.4.0.v20090121-2110.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository 4 0 2010-05-27
10:18:56.843
!MESSAGE MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected:
9df65cb81df7a7a852f0e06b86089d88 and found
b07a260fa04ab99ecefa9fd218376d23.

Attachments:
CropperCapture[2].jpg 107 KB

q...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2010, 10:40:55 AM5/27/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

BTW, I successfully installed m2eclipse plugin without changing my Eclipse
proxy
settings (i.e using the default settings). I would still like to evaluate
Q4E against
m2eclipse. Again, are there instructions that show how to install Q4E
manually?

q...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2010, 10:47:04 AM5/27/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 570 by carlossg: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

did you install m2eclipse from their update site?
maybe you have a broken install of Q4E that is preventing the update. Maybe
deleting
your plugins/org.apache.lucene.core,2.4.0* file will work?

you can checkout from svn at
http://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updatesite-iam/ or
manually download all those files in there.
Then add a local update site pointing to the folder where you downloaded
them.

You should check with your company how to configure the proxy because it'll
cause you
a lot of problems not to have internet access from Eclipse. ie. Maven
download of
dependencies may not work

q...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2010, 1:29:23 PM5/27/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #11 on issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

Carlos,

At first I thought that m2eclipse could break Q4E. So I installed Eclipse
IDE twice, then I
installed m2eclipse and Q2E into separate Eclipse IDE. I have not totally
convinced myself
that my company's proxy caused this problem because I successfully
installed both m2eclipse
and AJDT plugins.

Let me follow your instructions to install Q2E from local repository.

Thanks.

q...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2010, 3:26:03 PM5/27/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #12 on issue 570 by khoivu: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

After I installed Q4E from my local repository, following your
instructions. I got new
errors from eclipse console log. Please see the attached image.

Could I ignore them?

Khoivu

Attachments:
CropperCapture[3].jpg 236 KB

q...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2010, 4:51:33 PM5/27/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #13 on issue 570 by amuino: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

I can't see anything related to IAM on that log... it looks like your
installation has some problems (equinox
features are at the core of eclipse, so if you have problems with that
anything can happen). I see you also have
problems with some other plugins.

Re: the download error... I just recall having problems with a "security
solution" which looked inside zip files are
removed anything suspicious (in my case, the scripts to start/stop Tomcat).
Do you know if that's your case? It
would obviously cause the MD5 to change. Not sure what can be "suspicious"
on the lucene bundle, though.

q...@googlecode.com

Jun 23, 2010, 4:12:14 AM6/23/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #14 on issue 570 by aliaksei.lahachou: Installation of new Q4E
failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

I have exactly the same problem, with the same expected and actual hashes.
I don't use a proxy.

q...@googlecode.com

Jun 23, 2010, 4:16:17 AM6/23/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #15 on issue 570 by aliaksei.lahachou: Installation of new Q4E
failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

Sorry, forgot to mention. I'm using Windows 7 x64, JDK 1.6.0.20 (x86) and
Eclipse 3.5.2.

q...@googlecode.com

Jun 23, 2010, 4:43:52 AM6/23/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #16 on issue 570 by carlossg: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

could any of you add a comment with the md5 of your file in

eclipse/plugins/org.apache.lucene.core_2.4.0.v20090121-2110.jar

Also try downloading
http://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updatesite-iam/plugins/org.apache.lucene.core_2.4.0.v20090121-2110.jar

and tell us the md5 of the file in your drive.
If it matches the correct one, then you *could* copy it to eclipse/plugins
If it's the wrong one you could upload it in this issue so we can check the
differences

q...@googlecode.com

Jun 23, 2010, 7:36:28 AM6/23/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com

Comment #17 on issue 570 by aliaksei.lahachou: Installation of new Q4E
failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

MD5 of eclipse/plugins/org.apache.lucene.core_2.4.0.v20090121-2110.jar
is b07a260fa04ab99ecefa9fd218376d23.

I can download
http://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updatesite-iam/plugins/org.apache.lucene.core_2.4.0.v20090121-2110.jar;
it's MD5 is also b07a260fa04ab99ecefa9fd218376d23.

I managed to install IAM 0.12.0 by downloading the whole thing from
http://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updatesite-dev/, fixing MD5 in
artifacts.xml, and installing from local archive.

q...@googlecode.com

Jun 23, 2010, 11:01:04 AM6/23/10
to q4e...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Owner: carlossg

Comment #18 on issue 570 by carlossg: Installation of new Q4E failed
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=570

Ok, I have regenerated the metadata from the command line and the checksum
in artifacts.xml is correct now.

Please try to install from the update site and feel free to reopen the
issue if it's not yet working