Dead application?

Paolo Bormida

May 23, 2020, 10:38:28 AM5/23/20
to Q10 Editor
No more updates and no more answers in the forum by the author, although the website is still up and running.
Is Q10 becoming abandonware?

Thomas Alexander

May 23, 2020, 11:06:05 AM5/23/20
to q10-e...@googlegroups.com
Not abandoned, AFAIK.... have you found a bug?

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 15:38, Paolo Bormida <pbor...@gmail.com> wrote:
No more updates and no more answers in the forum by the author, although the website is still up and running.
Is Q10 becoming abandonware?

Paolo Bormida

May 23, 2020, 3:54:45 PM5/23/20
to q10-e...@googlegroups.com
No bug found. Just asking...
I see some people here complain it doesn't install on Windows 10 and I see nothing have been released since 2011 so I was asking myself whether it has been abandoned or not.
I understand being Q10 a minimalistic (and free) app there is no need to release anything new unless a bug is found.
Will try to install on Windows 10 soon... if the installer does not work, not even when run as admin, to me it has been abandoned or at least that is a serious issue.
Paolo

--
-----------------------
   Paolo Bormida

Thomas Alexander

May 23, 2020, 4:12:12 PM5/23/20
to q10-e...@googlegroups.com
OK, it certainly does install on Windows 10, as I just did it yesterday, after reading your message.

It must be installed with Right Click and Run As Administrator, or it will fail.

That's the only step to make it work...

Dmitry Baranov

May 26, 2020, 1:38:30 PM5/26/20
to q10-e...@googlegroups.com
it is pretty much abandonware. nowadays the focus mode is provided by most of text editors, even m$ word. I use visual source code, for example. It is free. I'm not sure if it emulates typewriter sound, never bothered about it.

still, q10 was my first focus mode editor, kudos to creators.

J×P

Aug 8, 2020, 6:04:10 AM8/8/20
to Q10 Editor
@Tom: After installing it via Run As Administrator, do you then subsequently need to run the installed program as an administrator each time you use it? Or is admin mode just a one-off for the installer?

Aleksandr

Mar 3, 2021, 11:58:27 AM3/3/21
to Q10 Editor
Actually, there is a long-standing annoying bug related to how Q10 handles some typography.
For example, copy the following quote into the app and notice both em-dash and en-dash are
silently changed into minus signs. It ruins the experience when you’re concerned with beauty.

—  When you realize the value of all life, you dwell less on what is past and concentrate
more on the preservation of the future. (Dian Fossey, 1932–1985)

Thomas Alexander

Mar 3, 2021, 1:37:53 PM3/3/21
to q10-e...@googlegroups.com
Not abandoned...