Access violation errors when spell checking

williamfbennett

Apr 2, 2010, 11:15:13 PM4/2/10
to Q10 Editor
It could be just me. I'm running q10 on Windows Vista. It works well,
but I ran into access violation errors when spell checking. Is this
fixable?

Thomas Alexander

Apr 2, 2010, 11:57:15 PM4/2/10
to q10-e...@googlegroups.com
I got blue screen memory violations with the Spell checker version.

I changed to the normal version (no spell checking) and all is well with the world...

Jade Rae

Jan 16, 2016, 12:44:03 AM1/16/16
to Q10 Editor
I am getting this as well...I realize that this post is 6 years old, but does anyone by chance know of a work around?  I found that only certain words make it crash and if I change those words sometimes it works...but that's a bit of a pain.  I love this text editor and am already 7 pages in, but the spell check error is a bit of a nuisance.

Kevin Johnsen

Jan 24, 2016, 10:55:36 PM1/24/16
to Q10 Editor
If you find a solution, let me know. I have this issue as well.

Danny Franks

May 17, 2016, 4:13:13 AM5/17/16
to Q10 Editor
Might have just come up with something. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it outside of the 'Program Files(x86)' folder and just installed it to 'C:\Q10'. No errors so far when running the spell check. Fingers crossed it stays that way but I've only done a few tests so no guarantees.