Editra

Cody Precord

Nov 20, 2007, 7:06:58 AM11/20/07
to pyxides
Greetings,

I have recently received a request to introduce the editing software I
develop to this list; included below is a brief introduction as well
as some links to more detailed information.

What is Editra?

Editra is a general-purpose text editor with an implementation that
focuses on creating an easy to use interface and features that aid in
code development. Currently it supports syntax highlighting and
variety of other useful features for over 50 different programming
languages.

New features can be easily added to Editra through plugins written in
python. Plugins require zero editing of Editra's source to create,
install, and use. Existing plugins can also be downloaded and
installed through the builtin plugin manager. For how-to's and more
detailed information see the documentation link below.

Editra is designed to run on Macintosh OSX, Windows, and GTK based
systems. It currently runs well and consistently across all three of
these platforms.

Editra is freely available under the terms of the wxWindows Licence.

Currently I still categorize the project as alpha, it is however quite
stable and used by many people around the world on a daily basis. I
typically release new developmental snapshots in the form of binaries
for Mac OSX(Universal) and Windows, and source packages for other Unix
and Linux based systems about once to twice a month. The current
release version is 0.2.15, please feel free give it a try and to
report bugs and/or request features. I am also planning to try and
release an update this coming Saturday that fixes some important bugs
and compatibility issues as well as add improvements to other existing
features

Links to useful information:

Preview/Features: http://editra.org/?page=preview
Downloads: http://editra.org/?page=download
Documentation: http://editra.org/?page=doc
Community: http://editra.org/?page=community
Issue Tracker: http://editra.googlecode.com/issues/list
SVN Access: http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxPython/3rdParty/Editra
Plugin Development Site: http://editra-plugins.googlecode.com

If anything feels left unanswered by any of the above resources please
feel free to contact me and ask about them by whatever methods of
communication that are found convenient.

Regards,

Cody Precord
http://editra.org

limodou

Nov 20, 2007, 8:06:18 AM11/20/07
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
Good work! I think I can learn many things from it.

--
I like python!
UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/