on-the-fly spell checking for wx.StyledTextCtrl

Rob McMullen

Feb 29, 2008, 8:54:39 PM2/29/08
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
In case you are a wxPython and wx.StyledTextCtrl user (and you know
who you are), and also want some spell checking, I wrote up
peppy.lib.STCSpellCheckMixin that I use in peppy
(http://peppy.flipturn.org).

The mixin itself has no dependencies on the rest of peppy (only on
pyenchant), so should be fairly easily integrated into other projects.

You can see the source and download from:

http://trac.flipturn.org/browser/trunk/peppy/lib/stcspellcheckmixin.py

The stcspellcheckmixin.py file has a built-in demo as well. You'll
need to install pyenchant (http://pyenchant.sourceforge.net) for it to
actually spell check anything, otherwise the whole mixin is one big
no-op.

Rob