ANN: peppy-0.7.2 with dired mode and better docs

Rob McMullen

Jan 15, 2008, 1:58:10 AM1/15/08
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
I found a virtual filesystem implementation at
http://www.ikaaro.org/itools which prompted me to work on a dired-like
mode for peppy, my attempt at an XEmacs workalike.

(An aside: it's too bad that a vfs isn't standard in python like it is
in tcl or kde) Itools' vfs implementation currently only has support
for local files and some peppy extensions (a mem: scheme for storing
temporary files in memory, an about: scheme for read only files, and a
tar: scheme for transparently opening .tar[.gz|bz2] archives) but I'm
looking to add webdav, ftp, and ssh support to itools.vfs.

Plus, I've spent some much needed time working on the developer
documentation. Nowhere near done, but at least it begins to describe
how to create major modes, actions (the user interface abstraction),
and how to extend the functionality of the stc.

Keyboard handling is probably still broken on OSX, so any Mac users
who'd like to help I'd really appreciate it. Last report I had was
several months ago and I've made a few changes but unfortunately have
no machine to test it myself.

http://peppy.flipturn.org

Oh, and also there's now a windows installer.

Rob

phil jones

Jan 15, 2008, 7:01:20 AM1/15/08
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
Rob,

trying to run Windows installer on Vista Home Edition ... I'm getting
an MSVCP71.dll not found error.

cheers

phil

Rob McMullen

Jan 15, 2008, 10:29:12 AM1/15/08
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
Rats. So, it's the installer itself that's failing to run? I'm using
NSIS to create the installer, so maybe I'm not using a current enough
version or there's some flag I'm setting accidentally. It's also
possible that I've got msvcp71 installed on my XP system, masking the
error...

Hmmm. I'll have to consult the oracle at google.

Thanks for letting me know.

Rob

Cody Precord

Jan 15, 2008, 4:46:57 PM1/15/08
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If you are using py2exe this is a know issue with when building
binaries that use wx. When you run py2exe you should see at the end
of the output the dll's that are required but were not bundled in. In
that list it will show mostly Microsoft ones that can be ignored
because they will be found on all systems. There should also be two
more thats path show them under your python/wxpython installation
directory one being 'msvcp71' and the other being 'gdiplus'. You
should copy these two dll's and bundle them with your installer to
avoid this problem.

Hope this helps,

Cody Precord

Rob McMullen

Jan 15, 2008, 6:06:06 PM1/15/08
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Cody.

I updated the installer to include MSVCP71 and gdiplus, so hopefully
that remedies the problem.

Rob

phil jones

Jan 15, 2008, 8:24:09 PM1/15/08