Enso (Re: loosely coupled messaging architecture)

Bill Baxter

Jan 3, 2008, 5:37:54 PM1/3/08
to pyx...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 4, 2008 2:59 AM, phil jones <inte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> the previous excellent discussion on wrapping emacs seemed to bring up
> an interesting topic.
>
> What would be the right messaging architecture to passing information
> between components of an IDE?
>
> Something which has impressed me recently is Humanized's Enso. (
> http://www.humanized.com/enso/beta/enso-developer-prototype) It's
> become indispensible to me in Windows.

In terms of functionality (but not the specifics of the plugin
architecture), Enso sounds a lot like the free and open source
Launchy:
http://www.launchy.net/
Except launchy's functionality is geared more towards launching
programs, and thus this is the default action if you don't type any
special keyword first. I've been using Launchy for a few months now
and it has become indispensable to me. Worth checking out if you
haven't already.

--bb