Twitter broken for good?

pco...@suremail.gg

Sep 8, 2023, 3:56:22 AM9/8/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim and all,

Well, August 19th passed, and the Twitter feed is still not working for me.
Is that the end of pywws and Twitter? Or is there a way to get it back up and running?

Regards

Phil Cooper

Jim Easterbrook

Sep 8, 2023, 4:47:17 AM9/8/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
On 08/09/2023 08:56, 'pco...@suremail.gg' via pywws wrote:

> Well, August 19th passed, and the Twitter feed is still not working for me.
> Is that the end of pywws and Twitter? Or is there a way to get it back up and running?

An answer might be for each pywws user to register as a Twitter
developer to get their own app key for their instance of pywws. I'm
already a developer (from many years ago) so can't really try the
process for registering again.

My personal opinion is that Twitter has ceased to be a worthwhile
platform. If it doesn't want my weather data, then so be it.

Unless someone volunteers to pay $100 per month...

--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

gu0sup

Sep 8, 2023, 5:58:16 PM9/8/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

That is what I thought, and I will investigate the process of becoming a developer and see what exactly is involved.

Thanks for all you have done...

Phil Cooper

Jim Easterbrook

Sep 9, 2023, 4:07:45 AM9/9/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
On 08/09/2023 08:56, 'pco...@suremail.gg' via pywws wrote:

> Well, August 19th passed, and the Twitter feed is still not working for me.

It just occurred to me that all our stations hitting Twitter every hour
might be using up our tiny quota even though nothing gets posted. Having
a quota for "posting attempts" rather than "successful posts" would be
very on brand for them.

Mike Alsop

Sep 13, 2023, 3:28:44 AM9/13/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim

I have been with you for nearly 20 years and still running an older version in Linux, because it just works. I only feed Wunderground these days and I offer you you my sincere thanks for all this work you have done over the years.

Mike
Australia