pywws up load to ecowitt

Peter Jolly

Nov 1, 2020, 1:34:11 PM11/1/20
to pywws
I'm successfully uploading data to WUnderground and Weather Cloud, but is it possible to up load to Ecowitt.net  ?

Thanks very much,

Peter.

Jim Easterbrook

Nov 1, 2020, 1:44:03 PM11/1/20
to py...@googlegroups.com
On 01/11/2020 18:27, Peter Jolly wrote:
> I'm successfully uploading data to WUnderground and Weather Cloud, but
> is it possible to up load to Ecowitt.net  ?

Not yet. (-:

Each "service" has its own uploader class, derived from a base class
that does most of the work.
https://pywws.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/pywws.service.html

You can write a new module for Ecowitt.net, test it by installing it in
your user modules directory, then offer it for inclusion in pywws if
there is enough interest. (I personally think there are just too many
weather services these days, but that's just me being a grumpy old man.)

First task is to find the Ecowitt.net API, then look through the
existing uploaders' APIs to see which is most like it. Then copy and
adapt that uploader.

--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Peter Jolly

Nov 2, 2020, 7:56:45 AM11/2/20
to pywws
Thanks Jim very much for the information,

Ecowitt.net is worth a look.  At another location I have a Ventus W830 (same as  WS-2902)  and this uploads to Ecowitt (as well as several others)  and I prefer the layout and features of Ecowitt.net compared with Wunderground, WeatherCloud or WOW. It would be really nice for my N96GY via pywws to upload to it as well.

I've struggled to find details of the data upload string or the API.  There are several other projects that attempt to capture Ecowitt type data and then convert this to a local data store, but that's not what I want to do.

Thanks again,

Peter.