running pywws.livelog via pywws.service not working.

Thomas Gamble

Jan 7, 2021, 5:02:24 PM1/7/21
to pywws
Hi,

I'm brand new to pywws and python but I'm pretty up with running stuff on a pi.

The files are not getting updated when I run pywws.livelog via pywws.server. However, if I restart the service all of the 'missing' data is written to the files.

Is that the intended behaviour?

Jim Easterbrook

Jan 7, 2021, 5:12:25 PM1/7/21
to py...@googlegroups.com
On 07/01/2021 21:59, Thomas Gamble wrote:

> The files are not getting updated when I run pywws.livelog via
> pywws.server. However, if I restart the service all of the 'missing'
> data is written to the files.
>
> Is that the intended behaviour?

Yes. The files are written every hour to reduce SD card wear. If you
want the files to be updated every 48 seconds you can set "frequent
writes = True" in your weather.ini file.
https://pywws.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/weather_ini.html#config-miscellaneous-system-configuration

--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Thomas Gamble

Jan 8, 2021, 10:07:25 AM1/8/21
to py...@googlegroups.com
Yep the files are updating. Now I can start doing someone interesting with the data.

Regards,
Tom.