Corrupt data

Igg

Nov 30, 2023, 1:25:51 PM11/30/23
to pywws
Hi,

I have occasionally run across the odd glitch appearing in the data files, which is fine.  This has accelerated rapidly over the last few weeks until today I have "corrected" a number of glitches in a single day.  I was supposedly retiring this whole system for over a year or so now, but I have clung on because of the change involved.

Is this likely to be the USB display unit itself , which often locks up, or simply that I need to swap out my usb flash drive that I use as data storage.

Regards,

Ian Sutherland

Jim Easterbrook

Nov 30, 2023, 2:06:45 PM11/30/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
My suspicion would be the weather station receiver. Mine is crashing too
often these days and also appears to have some dodgy memory blocks.

The pywws test weather station program has an option to display the last
n memory records where n can be any number you like. If you spot some
recent dodgy data you could use this to see if it's present in the
station memory. (Unless the station has crashed and needs to be reset.)

--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>