--pre ....no such option...

Norbert JORDAN

Jun 29, 2014, 7:19:58 PM6/29/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i right now switch from Pi to Cubietruck.....having some troubles with installation...

cubie@Cubian:~/weather$ sudo pip install pywws --pre
Usage: /usr/bin/pip install [OPTIONS] PACKAGE_NAMES...

/usr/bin/pip install: error: no such option: --pre

.....I also asked myself if initially I did have this --pre thing added as for the Pi I do not remember this...

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks a lot! Norbert

btw, is with Cubian/Debian at Cubietruck anything special or just to follow the procedures?

Jim Easterbrook

Jun 30, 2014, 4:52:02 AM6/30/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
On 30/06/14 00:19, Norbert JORDAN wrote:
> Hi, i right now switch from Pi to Cubietruck.....having some troubles
> with installation...
>
> cubie@Cubian:~/weather$ sudo pip install pywws --pre
> Usage: /usr/bin/pip install [OPTIONS] PACKAGE_NAMES...
>
> /usr/bin/pip install: error: no such option: --pre
>

> .....I also asked myself if initially I did have this --pre thing added
> as for the Pi I do not remember this...
>
> Any idea what is going wrong here?

You're using an older version of pip that doesn't have the --pre option.
You should probably update pip: 'sudo pip install -U pip'.
--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Norbert JORDAN

Jun 30, 2014, 5:09:23 AM6/30/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
sorry Jim, thanks for the feedback...in the meantime i did manage without the pre option and now updating PIP...

short sidequestion, for a cubietruck A20, is there any recommended USB lib that comes as a ready package to install?

Jim Easterbrook

Jun 30, 2014, 5:45:11 AM6/30/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
On 30/06/14 10:09, Norbert JORDAN wrote:

> short sidequestion, for a cubietruck A20, is there any recommended USB
> lib that comes as a ready package to install?

I know nothing about cubietruck, but if it uses a Linux OS then pyusb
should work.

Norbert JORDAN

Jun 30, 2014, 6:29:07 AM6/30/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
thanks Jim, great did take your choice already after studying the docs I found on the web.

Cubietruck is one of the alternatives (singleboard PC) to Raspberrry PI, little more expensive but powerful like an elefant.....Debian running on it. thanks a lot for your support since I started with my weatherstation some months back....great job!!!!