Replacement unit

Mike Alsop

Oct 18, 2023, 2:19:08 AM10/18/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim

After all these years the old WS-1081 weather station has died. I had many parts left over for years and now the anemometer has died and I don't have a replacement. Amazed the plastic held up for all these years!! Life goes on.

Do you know if these Devanti weather stations work with PYWWS?? If not, do you have a suggested replacement station??

As always, my thanks

Mike
Australia

Jim Easterbrook

Oct 18, 2023, 3:33:19 AM10/18/23
to py...@googlegroups.com
On 18/10/2023 07:19, Mike Alsop wrote:

> After all these years the old WS-1081 weather station has died. I had
> many parts left over for years and now the anemometer has died and I
> don't have a replacement. Amazed the plastic held up for all these
> years!! Life goes on.
>
> Do you know if these Devanti weather stations work with PYWWS?? If not,
> do you have a suggested replacement station??

I don't think those will work. As far as I know, none of the pywws
compatible stations has wi-fi.

This is the current version of the WS1080, which I don't like because of
its integrated sensors. The optimum positions for rain, wind and
temperature sensors are all different.
https://www.foshk.com/Weather_Professional/WS1080.html

> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/392370405077

PS When sharing ebay links remove everything after the ?, leaving just
the item no. That way you share less info about yourself.

--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Paul Cheffings

Oct 31, 2023, 11:35:19 AM10/31/23
to pywws
Hi

That looks very similar to the weather station I bought to replace my old Maplin one earlier this year, mine is the Ecowitt WS2910. It won't work with the PYWWS software as supplied but it is possible to modify the software in order to get it to work by using the custom upload option which allows you to specify a local IP address to send the data to.

The main issue with this is if you lose your electricity then you lose any data recorded until the electricity is restored as it requires access to your internal WiFi in order to upload to the Pi as there isn't a USB connection nor any internal storage.

Cheers

Paul