What weather stations are you all using?

thisismatt

Sep 30, 2020, 8:29:39 AM9/30/20
to pywws
So it seems my Maplin-purchased station (the infamous N96GY) appears to be on its way out, so I'm likely to be in the market for a replacement.

I'd like to continue with PYWWS with a replacement, so I'm curious about what weather stations other users use.

So, there we have it - what weather station do you use with PYWWS?

Thanks.

Chris

Oct 1, 2020, 8:05:23 AM10/1/20
to pywws
Early last year I replace my weather station due to various hardware failures. I purchased a froggit WH1800SE which, AFAIK, is the same thing but in a nicely compact single unit, and updated rain gauge bucket. The solar panel is not a solar meter but to prolong the battery life (not battery recharger).
IMG_0091.jpegIMG_0090.jpegIMG_0089.jpegIMG_0088.jpegIMG_0087.jpeg

Jim Easterbrook

Oct 3, 2020, 6:09:25 AM10/3/20
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to need a new station soon - my old one is getting USB lockups
more often than is acceptable.

I don't like the idea of putting all the sensors in one module as the
wind sensors are ideally located in quite a different place to the
temperature sensor. I've got my wind sensors at the top of a 3 metre
pole (I fitted a longer cable than they came with) and the temperature
sensors in a screen about 1.5 m off the ground.

--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>