Wrong trimezone when submitting weather data to openweathermap

Uwe Kruse

Dec 29, 2013, 4:26:33 PM12/29/13
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my Raspberry Pi runs with timezone utc+1. My data in pywws are stored in utc. When i submit data to openweathermap, they are displayed with the wrong offset, they are utc+2. Can i solve the problem? Is it possible to define the correct timezone in a template or antother place?
Greetings, Uwe

Jim Easterbrook

Dec 30, 2013, 5:56:35 AM12/30/13
to py...@googlegroups.com
The timestamps on open weather map uploads should be in UTC (they are
labelled 'datetimeutc'). You can check this by running pywws.toservice
with a -vv option to see the data that's sent. If you add a #localtime#
directive to the template (in pywws/services) the time stamp will be in
local time, but I would expect problems when daylight saving time starts.

I've just checked my weather station
http://openweathermap.org/station/40047 and it appears to be one hour in
the future. I'm in the UK, currently at UTC+0, so changing to local time
would make no difference. It looks as if Open Weather Map have a problem
with time zones.
--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>