Let's find PyWeb-IL a new home

Ram Rachum

Apr 6, 2022, 9:09:35 AM4/6/22
to pyweb-il
Hi everyone!

I'm sick of hosting our meetups over Zoom. I want to go back to the real world.

In the past we used to hold our meetups at Google Campus for Startups. It was great, and I've been looking forward for them to reopen to public events, but that doesn't seem to be happening in the foreseeable future. I want to find a new place where we could host PyWeb-IL regularly, once every two months.

Here's our requirements:
  1. A space meant for giving talks (Podium, screen/projector, etc.)
  2. Free of charge, of course.
  3. At least 50 seats
  4. Located in Tel-Aviv. If we couldn't find anything better, Ramat Gan and Givatayim could work.
  5. Could host us regularly.
  6. An optional advantage: Video recording equipment.
The point about hosting us regularly is important. In the past I would sometimes get PyWeb-IL hosted in different venues for one time only. It's a real time drain on me. It always feels like it's going to be simple, but then we end up exchanging 20 emails and I end up spending hours on logistics. This is why I want a venue that could host us regularly.

Do you know of a company / venue that would want to host us? If so please contact me privately.

Thanks,
Ram.

Rani Hod

Apr 6, 2022, 9:34:55 AM4/6/22
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ram,

Tel Aviv University seems to tick all the boxes.
Do you want me to check with the TAU CS school whether it's possible to book a classroom/seminar room for PyWeb-IL?
(yes, it's been quite a while...)

Best,
R.

Miki Tebeka

Apr 7, 2022, 7:42:21 AM4/7/22
to PyWeb-IL
Hi Ram,

Two places that come to mind are the Microsoft reactor and Amazon floor 28.

All the best,
Miki

Ram Rachum

May 16, 2022, 9:08:50 AM5/16/22
to pyweb-il, Lior Kaplan, Benny Daon, Rani Hod, Miki Tebeka
Hi!

Thanks to everyone who suggested different venues that can host us. I decided to go with viz.ai. Let's give it a try on our July meetup and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Ram.