Fw: [PyCon IL] PyCon Israel 2024 Tickets are now available

Shai Berger

Jul 25, 2024, 6:20:12 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to pyweb-il
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 12:48:41 +0300
From: News and announcements from PyCon Israel <ne...@pycon.org.il>
To: "ne...@pycon.org.il" <ne...@pycon.org.il>
Subject: [PyCon IL] PyCon Israel 2024 Tickets are now available

PyCon Israel is happy to announce that ticket sales are now open, but
before you go there, a few words of explanation.

We have always strived to keep PyCon Israel ticket prices low, to make
it accessible to a wide audience. In all of the past years, the ticket
price was far below the conference costs per attendee (PyCon Israel is
run by volunteers, and was never intended to make a profit). But most
of the tickets ended up purchased by companies for their employees,
which meant that the conference was subsidizing these companies (with
volunteer work and sponsor money). This never seemed right to us.

We’ve tried to make cheaper tickets available by request, but that
didn’t work – nobody asked for them until the “regular” tickets were
out.

So this year, we’re trying a different way. We have tickets for
employees, at a price that reflects actual costs to the conference, and
tickets for individuals, at a more accessible price point. We hope this
is not abused, so we can keep the lower price available for individuals.

One more point – as usual, the workshops are on a separate day, at a
different place; workshop tickets are not valid for the conference
talks day, and vice versa.

Now, go grab your tickets at https://ti.to/hamakor/pycon2024 !