Python Packaging User Survey

Ram Rachum

Sep 6, 2022, 9:28:59 AM9/6/22
to pyweb-il
Hi everyone!

The Python Packaging Authority is doing some research for improving PyPI and the process of packaging Python modules.

You can help by answering this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZNSZF7G

The goals of this research are:
  • Understand the current health of the Python packaging ecosystem.
  • Inform the global mission/vision of Python packaging - i.e. what the community wants Python packaging to be like in 5 to 10 years time.
  • Understand what risks and opportunities exist that might impact on this mission.
  • Inform what parts of the packaging ecosystem our project manager should focus on.
  • Inform what programs we should consider running to help move Python packaging forward.
  • Inform what funding we should apply for, and where we should spend it.

Thanks,
Ram.