Django trashbin for admin

alonn

Oct 21, 2023, 5:09:25 PM10/21/23
to PyWeb-IL
Couldn't find a good built-in solution for that. anyone has good pointers?

Omer Zak

Oct 21, 2023, 5:19:16 PM10/21/23
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
What exactly is a Django admin trashbin supposed to do?

--
My Commodore 64 is suffering from slowness and insufficiency of memory;
and its display device is grievously short of pixels.  Can anyone help?

They do not represent the official policy of any organization with
which I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at https://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

alonn

Oct 21, 2023, 5:25:57 PM10/21/23
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
allowing a user that delete a model instance a place to "see" deleted instances, and "restore" them (for specific instances)
Tel:972-54-6734469

Shai Berger

Oct 22, 2023, 3:21:50 AM10/22/23
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
It's called "soft-delete" -- the practice of adding a "deleted" boolean
field(*) and filtering on it in most operations. I don't think there's
anything built into Django, but there appear to be several 3rd-party
apps and relevant blog posts.

(*) Some people prefer more elaborate metadata -- who and why deleted
etc -- but in the end, that's equivalent.

(*) If you're implementing it yourself, and performance is important,
also have a look at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.2/ref/models/indexes/#condition

HTH,
Shai.

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 00:25:41 +0300
alonn <alon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> allowing a user that delete a model instance a place to "see" deleted
> instances, and "restore" them (for specific instances)
> *Tech blog:*https://medium.com/@alonisser
> *Personal Blog:*degeladom.wordpress.com

Meir Kriheli

Oct 29, 2023, 10:21:54 AM10/29/23
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
I've used this in the past (long long time ago):

Don't know how it stacks up today, might give it a shot (seems maintained).