PyWeb 2023.12.04 in Zoom

Gabor Szabo

Oct 31, 2023, 12:05:21 PM10/31/23
to pywe...@googlegroups.com, Aur Saraf
Hi,

It seems we are heading into a long war. I think it should not stop us from continuing our life as much as possible. As it might be better to refrain from in-person meetings for now, I'd like to schedule a Zoom-based meeting to the date: 2023-12-04. (First Monday of December.)

We also have a much higher level of uncertainty whether the speakers will be able to give their presentation or if they are called to be on reverse duty.

So I'd like to schedule two talks and also schedule two backup-talks that can be switched in on a last minute notice. The presentations that are not given can be rescheduled for the next event.

I just mailed Elad and Alon who were supposed to be our speakers in November to see if they are interested in being on the list for December as well. In the meantime I am looking for further talk proposals for 2023-12-04 !

You can reply to the mailing list or privately. In the latter case, please also include Aur, who is the other organizer.

regards
    Gabor

Gabor Szabo

Dec 3, 2023, 1:42:52 AM12/3/23
to pywe...@googlegroups.com, Aur Saraf
Hi,

A month ago we thought with Aur that we would try to organize a Zoom-based event, get some people who could give a presentation, and get some more people to be on stand-by to give a presentation in case the scheduled speakers need to be on reserve duty.

No one offered to give a presentation and I was also too busy helping with the fight on social media so I have completely forgotton to continue organizing the event.

I am sorry for that.

Now I just wanted to send a clarification mail that we won't have a meeting in December.

What next?

I still think we should try to have some level of activity even if many are on reserve duty and we are not that much in the mood.  So soon I'll schedule a Zoom-based meeting for January. I'll schedule a presentation by myself and I'll leave it open for others who might be interested in giving an additional presentation.

regards
   Gabor

שי

Dec 4, 2023, 2:50:08 AM12/4/23
to PyWeb-IL
Thank you Gabor for keeping things alive.
I believe just as my mind isn't available for anything beside the day to day in the time of war so are most of us.

if someone maybe knows of a community project, intended  to help during these times, we can contribute some work to it as a group activity.

stay safe
Shy