An interesting comparison of Python web frameworks

Ram Rachum

Feb 19, 2021, 2:56:37 AM2/19/21
to pyweb-il
https://suade.org/dev/12-requests-per-second-with-python/

This is interesting, and also it's making me feel old ;) I haven't even heard of some of these frameworks.

Ahik Man

Feb 22, 2021, 1:41:11 AM2/22/21
to PyWeb-IL

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 9:56 AM Ram Rachum <r...@rachum.com> wrote:
https://suade.org/dev/12-requests-per-second-with-python/

This is interesting, and also it's making me feel old ;) I haven't even heard of some of these frameworks.

Avraham Serour

Feb 23, 2021, 7:24:33 AM2/23/21
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
hacker news has some interesting discussion on the first link:

Miki Tebeka

Mar 2, 2021, 12:51:18 AM3/2/21
to PyWeb-IL
Speed shouldn't be in top considerations when picking a web framework. Ease of use, maturity, stability, ecosystem and otheres comes way before.

Meir Kriheli

Mar 2, 2021, 5:57:14 AM3/2/21
to pyweb-il
As someone who suffers from Django anc Celery's performance and resource usages on a daily basis, I'll beg to differ.

Lior Kaplan

Mar 2, 2021, 6:45:42 AM3/2/21
to pywe...@googlegroups.com

emi...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2021, 7:13:47 AM3/2/21
to PyWeb-IL
FastAPI

We are using it with a focus on asyncio (httpx, aiohttp, async libraries, etc),
it feels like Django/Flask is not relevant anymore.

D. Berebi

Apr 27, 2021, 6:01:54 AM4/27/21
to PyWeb-IL
+1 for FastAPI

alonn

May 21, 2021, 3:23:43 PM5/21/21
to PyWeb-IL
Late to this thread but I'd agree with Miki :

"Speed shouldn't be in top considerations when picking a web framework. Ease of use, maturity, stability, ecosystem and otheres comes way before"

And yes in work, we work (on the HTTP python microservices) mostly with sanic (we new stuff moving to fastapi) and I really miss the simplicity and baked of solutions some things have in Django.
And yes Django having a half baked async story is a burden. But not as big as might be perceived. More and more I don't see async as a good "performance" or scaling model.
(Not recommending celery, there are good enough reasons not to use it)