SNO functionality of pyorbital

Peter Zhu

Mar 11, 2023, 11:01:36 AM3/11/23
to pytroll
Dear Pytroll developers,

I am a user of your Pytroll framework and I am interested in processing EO satellite data.

Since the recent workshop achievements ( http://pytroll.github.io/workshops ) have mentioned that enhancing pyorbital with functionality has been added to calculate Simultaneous Nadir Overpasses (SNOs) from two satellite platforms.

I would like to know more about this function and how to use it. Could you please tell me where I can find the interface for this function and how to use it? Is there any documentation or example code available?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Sincerely, Zhu

Adam Dybbroe

Mar 11, 2023, 4:56:36 PM3/11/23
to pyt...@googlegroups.com, adam.d...@smhi.se

Dear Zhu,

I am sorry this work has been stalled for so long. It looks like it requires some care. I will be off for almost two weeks, so I am afraid I can't give you much help and guidance before that. I have passed on your question to two of my colleagues that I know have done SNO finding fairly recently and hope they might be able to help.

-Adam

Adam Dybbroe,
Satellite Remote Sensing Scientist
Research lead - Nowcasting and Remote Sensing
Meteorological Research unit, Research and Development
Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI)
www.pytroll.org
nwcsaf.smhi.se
www.smhi.se