help with MaskingCompositor

EliB

Feb 11, 2021, 8:12:11 AM2/11/21
to pytroll
Good morning, everyone,

sorry for this new request, but I need help in using the MaskingCompositor.

I would to use it to process HRV, IR108, VIS006, WV062 data from MSG (hrit format), and then be able to apply a static background to them.
With Dave's help, I got a quite good product for HRV masked with static background, using the hrv_sever_storm_masked in composites/seviri.yaml as example, but I can't do the same for the other channels.
I don't get any errors in the code, and the static background is correctly showed, but I can't display the clouds the way I need.....in practice I lack an example to start with for the other channels. May anyone guide me in understanding how to set up such a composite?
I also wanted to ask you another question: in the following composite
nwc_geo_ct_masked_ir:
    compositor: !!python/name:satpy.composites.MaskingCompositor
    prerequisites:
    - IR_108
    - ct
    standard_name: nwc_geo_ct_masked_ir
    # Default is opaque (transparency = 0)
    conditions:
      - method: equal
        value: Cloud-free_land
        transparency: 100
      - method: equal
        value: Cloud-free_sea
        transparency: 100
      - method: equal
        value: Snow_over_land
        transparency: 100
      - method: equal
        value: Sea_ice
        transparency: 100
      - method: equal
        value: Fractional_clouds
        transparency: 45
      - method: equal
        value: High_semitransparent_thin_clouds
        transparency: 50
      - method: equal
        value: High_semitransparent_above_snow_ice
        transparency: 60

the MaskinCompositor is used and several values to modulate the transparency are used....where I can find a list of the methods and values (and the meaning of them) I can use?

I hope someone can help me with this.
thank you all very much

Eliana