GOES 16 ProxyVis

Roman SvK

Oct 29, 2023, 3:15:25 AM10/29/23
to pytroll
Do anybody know how create ProxyVis product for GOES 16 or Meteosat?
Thanks Roman.

David Hoese

Oct 29, 2023, 3:56:38 PM10/29/23
to pyt...@googlegroups.com, Roman SvK
Hi Roman,

I think you'd have to contact Galina Chirokova from CIRA who is the primary contact for ProxyVis. As far as I know she creates much of ProxyVis using pytroll tools or is in the process of using them for portions of the processing. Unfortunately I don't know what amount of the algorithm is public and/or if it can be loaded from Satpy like any normal product.

Dave