Re: [pytroll] reading data which was downloaded with eumdac CLI + tailored

Martin Raspaud

Dec 11, 2023, 6:44:29 AM12/11/23
to pyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boran,

This means that the file does not have the expected name.
This is what the reader is expecting:
https://github.com/pytroll/satpy/blob/main/satpy/etc/readers/seviri_l1b_nc.yaml#L16

Best regards,
Martin

On 11/12/2023 11:36, 'BorankHD' via pytroll wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to open MSG SEVIRI data in .nc format, which I have
> downloaded via command line EUMDAC. I also tailored it a bit.
> The file is attached in this post.
>
> If I try to open the file with:
> global_scene = Scene(reader="seviri_l1b_nc", filenames=filenames)
>
> I get: No filenames found for reader: seviri_l1b_nc
> Don't know how to open the following files: ...
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Boran
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pytroll/fabad34a-1f90-49cc-b59c-52e5d1593f35n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pytroll/fabad34a-1f90-49cc-b59c-52e5d1593f35n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

BorankHD

Dec 11, 2023, 9:05:38 AM12/11/23
to pytroll
Hi Martin,

this unfortunately doesn't solve the problem.

I get the error: 'ValueError: cannot rename 'num_columns_vis_ir' because it is not a variable or dimension in this dataset'.

But I guess it makes sense, because the data downloaded via eumdac and configured with the data tailor has a different structure/ less information (not just different name) than if it isn't tailored?!

Thanks,

Boran

Raspaud Martin

Dec 11, 2023, 3:09:17 PM12/11/23
to pyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boran,

Data downloaded with eumdac should work with satpy.
Do I understand correctly that after downloading you run the data tailor?
In that case may I ask why? Satpy can do a lot on its own...

Best regards,
Martin

Sent from my Galaxy
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pytroll+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pytroll/68b17103-558f-4be0-a15d-de1972c24187n%40googlegroups.com.

BorankHD

Dec 12, 2023, 6:21:14 AM12/12/23
to pytroll
No I use the Data Tailor Web Service (DTWS) for customising before downloading via the command line, like this:  Customising products - EUMETSAT Data Access Client - Confluence (atlassian.net)

> " In that case may I ask why? Satpy can do a lot on its own..."
Hm good question. I thought it would be easier to handle .nc files (than .nat) and from what I understand I can only download them with the data tailor if I don't want to use the webUI. Also to save storage, I want to download only my region of interest, which I also think can only be done via the data tailor.

So in general my goal is to compare satellite data with radar data and export both as numpy arrays, so it can be fed into a machine learning model. Therefore I want both data on the same projection and the same resolution. Is this possible solely with satpy?

Thank you,

Boran