offset in coastline

Thanasis Karagiannidis

Jan 29, 2022, 4:59:40 AM1/29/22
to pyt...@googlegroups.com

Dear all

I have noticed a weird behavior when adding coastlines in my seviri images. The coastline is a bit “off”. The problem becomes apparent when I zoom in small areas. Please check the example I attach.

Below is the line that calls the coastline shapefile and my area definition. The shapfile dirs (GSHHS_shp and WDBII_shp) are inside “/home/thankar/Pytroll/aux/”.

How can I correct that offset?

Best regards Sakis

coast = {'coast_dir': '/home/thankar/Pytroll/aux/','color': (0, 0, 0), 'width': 0.5, 'resolution': 'f'}

Greece_Attica:

   projection:

     init: EPSG:4326

   shape:

     width: 1900

     height: 1700

   area_extent:

     lower_left_xy: [22, 36.9]

     upper_right_xy: [25, 39.4]

20211010140000_EastSterea_VisSharpIR.jpg

David Hoese

Jan 29, 2022, 4:37:26 PM1/29/22
to pyt...@googlegroups.com
Sakis,

I'm not really sure about the offset, but could you provide your entire
script that generates these images? Or a small example that reproduces
this issue?

Dave
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pytroll/CAJ5NJ7z0LSGj83_dZS2DZT20mci%3D0ykDVUoM829Hx264pdc1QQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pytroll/CAJ5NJ7z0LSGj83_dZS2DZT20mci%3D0ykDVUoM829Hx264pdc1QQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Raspaud Martin

Jan 31, 2022, 9:04:35 AM1/31/22
to pyt...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sakis,

Thanks for reporting this to us. We have spent a lot of time making
sure that the coastlines match the actual data, but unfortunately
SEVIRI data is know to wobble quite a bit, so please check that the
offset is consistent across multiple scene around the day.

If you feel there is still a problem, please sent us the exact script
you use to generate this image as Dave asked :)

Best regards,
Martin