Pytroll MoU being updated!

Adam Dybbroe

Oct 25, 2021, 9:45:01 AM10/25/21
to pyt...@googlegroups.com, adam.d...@smhi.se
Dear Pytroll developers and users,

We are circulating an updated version of the MoU for new signatures.
First and foremost between the five entities that have already signed
the existing MoU. See the pytroll.org under Community:
http://pytroll.github.io/pytroll_mou_20170222.pdf

This was necessary as five years have passed since the first signature.

The motive behind the MoU was to have on paper a clearly expressed
intention from each party to use and exploit Pytroll in local satellite
data 24/7 production and to be willing to support each other if and when
needed depending on the available resources. It may for instance
provide some comfort for those organizations considering migrating their
existing partly commercially based production system to Pytroll. Using
commercial SW you may have some kind of backing in the form of an SLA,
something we of course cannot guarantee with Pytroll. The MoU can also
help employees at some institutions to justify to be allowed to give
work back to the community free of charge.

So, if you think it might be helpful for you and your institution or the
Pytroll community in general, please feel free consider joining! It is
always possible to sign it at any point in time. If you want to join,
just send me a note and I will provide a pdf with a signature page.

-Adam

--
Adam Dybbroe,
Satellite Remote Sensing Scientist,