Compositor for himawari9 | satpy@0.39.0

Rick Grubin

Jan 18, 2023, 4:43:59 PM1/18/23
to pytroll

For a set of himawari9 files:

    global_scene = Scene(reader=reader, filenames=filenames)

    # load_params is {} ; dataset is [B03]

    global_scene.load([dataset], **load_params)

satpy @ 0.39.0 yields

/path/to/lib/python3.8/site-packages/satpy/composites/spectral.py:177: RuntimeWarning: 'GreenCorrector' is deprecated, use 'SpectralBlender' instead, or 'HybridGreen' for hybrid green correction following Miller et al. (2016).

satpy/composites/spectral.py : class GreenCorrector(SpectralBlender) produces the warning message before calling the the inherited SpectralBlender class.

satpy  @ 0.38.0 yields no warning message. This is because the only compositor in satpy/composites/spectral.py in this version is GreenCorrector()

Is there a way -- perhaps reader_kwargs{} -- to not call the GreenCorrector() compositor and call SpectralBlender() instead / by default?

Raspaud Martin

Jan 19, 2023, 6:11:29 AM1/19/23
to pyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, I'll investigate and come
back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Martin

Rick Grubin

Feb 2, 2023, 1:56:16 PM2/2/23
to pytroll
Hi, checking on status, thank you!

Raspaud Martin

Feb 3, 2023, 2:45:54 AM2/3/23
to pyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

sorry for the delay! We have an issue open about this now here:
https://github.com/pytroll/satpy/issues/2363

I will try to stir things up so that a solution is proposed.

Best regards,
Martin

Rick Grubin

Feb 7, 2023, 3:45:56 PM2/7/23
to pytroll
The upstream fix works as expected, looking forward to seeing it in the satpy-feedstock. Thank you for helping push this through.