Satpy citation in paper

nevermind

Aug 4, 2022, 6:00:04 AM8/4/22
to pytroll
Hi everybody,

I am currently working on my thesis and since I have used the satpy package for much of my data processing, I wanted to cite it in my references. Is there any preferred way that the package should be cited or has anyone cited it in the past? I was not able to find anything online.

Thanks in advance!
  Jasper

martin....@smhi.se

Aug 4, 2022, 7:44:51 AM8/4/22
to pyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jasper,

Thanks a lot for including satpy in your work! Feel free to share you thesis report with us once you're done :)

Regarding citations:
For satpy, you can use the link provided in this file: https://github.com/pytroll/satpy/blob/main/CITATION
Otherwise, we have an old but general paper about pytroll here: https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/bams/99/7/bams-d-17-0277.1.xml

Best regards,