Repo Structure - GitFlow Branching Model

1 view

David

Jan 8, 2018, 2:39:01 AM1/8/18
to pytomation
I made a slight change to the repository branching structure; I'm adopting the GitFlow branching model.

What this means is I moved the users and python3 branches, to feature/users and feature/python3 respectively, and added a dev branch to encompass them.
As the need arises, I may add hotfix/* branches.

Once I consider the dev branch stable, I'll merge it to master.

This makes it much easier to organize the code changes and lets me go back and forth to fix something in a new feature, even if another feature isn't ready.

If you're considering making a change, please consider what the change is for. If it is a new feature entirely, please base your changes off of dev, if you wish to contribute to a feature already being developed, please base your change off that feature branch, not dev. Of course, hot-fixes should be based on master.