Stuff in general

George Farris

Jan 14, 2016, 11:18:32 AM1/14/16
to pytom...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been slowly going through docs and adding bits and pieces here and
there.  The LibreOffice doc and PDF are no longer used but I might update
them at some point.

There are some quirks that I've come across and have been looking into.

For example the TRIGGER statement takes an Attribute.START and END but it
only handles times in the form of '7:00am' or '10:30pm'.  The TIME
statement will accept cron types times in the form of
(sec,min,hr,dom,mon,dow).  This is inconsistent and needs to be changed.

One other thing we need is a lint type check on the file before it runs.
Right now, again with the TRIGGER statement, it must have certain
Attributes or it won't work but Pytomation will happily run and not inform
the user that there is a missing Attribute, it will just silently fail.

I think it best to do a parse of the instance file before it runs rather
than checking the syntax each time the trigger runs.

There are lots of little gotchas so if anyone has suggestions please speak
up.

Thanks
George