pythonxy installation won't open

Wade Wall

Dec 18, 2015, 6:13:56 PM12/18/15
to python(x,y)
Hi all,

I have an interesting situation and not sure how to resolve it. I had python(x,y) previously installed, with a link to ArcGIS's version of python so that I could use the arcpy module. After installing the ulmo module, python(x,y) would no longer work. So being a windows person, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall. Now, python(x,y) won't open up. I did not delete previous versions of python, because I am concerned that would lead to the removal of the ArcGIS python.exe.

Any hints on how I can solve this problem? I am guessing that it is a registry problem, but not sure how to solve it.

Thanks for any information.

Wade