Python(x, y) 2.7.10.0 Released!

Gabi Davar

Jul 1, 2015, 3:18:14 PM7/1/15
to pyth...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that Python(x, y) 2.7.10.0 is available for immediate download.from any of the mirrors. The full change log can be viewed here. Please post your comments and suggestions to the mailing list.

Work on the Python 3.x 64 bit version will resume once Visual Studio 2015 RTM is released.

What's new in general:

  • All packages have been updated to their latest versions. Numpy, Scipy etc.
  • ipython has been held back at 2.4.1 to avoid potential compatibility issues.
  • OpenCV has been help back at 2.4.11 to avoid potential compatibility issues.

New noteworthy packages:

  • yappi - Yet Another Python Profiler.
  • libnacl - A ctypes wrapper around libsodium.
Have fun!

-Gabi Davar

Mahsiul Khan

Sep 24, 2015, 1:57:14 PM9/24/15
to python(x,y)
Hi Gabi,
Very nice to have updated version. To upgrade to 2.7.10.0 from 2.7.9, do I have to uninstall the previous version? Also, what role the installer py(xy) 2.7.3.1 will play? thanks

Pankaj Gupta

Dec 18, 2015, 6:13:56 PM12/18/15
to python(x,y)
Is Python(x,y) available for Redhat distribution?
 if yes please let me know the link to download the same.

Thanks
Pankaj

Gabi Davar

Jan 26, 2016, 4:59:52 PM1/26/16
to python(x,y)
For Linux distribution please use the relevant package manager. Python(x,y) is windows only.

Gabi Davar

Jan 26, 2016, 5:00:47 PM1/26/16
to python(x,y)
Yes, you need to uninstall.

 py(xy) 2.7.3.1 is an update, not an installer. Use the full installer.