Missing ReportLab demo: Py2pdf

Al Duke

Jun 2, 2015, 3:32:25 PM6/2/15
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
I'm running v. 2.7.9.0
I was looking for a capability similar to MATLAB's publish functionality.  i.e. I want to run my script and create an html or pdf report that includes the code, console output and any graphs.
It looks like ReportLab can do this.  The documentation describes a demo called Py2pdf (in section A.3) that sounds like it does exactly what I want.
Unfortunately, this demo folder is missing from my installation.   It *should* be in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\pythonxy\doc\Libraries\reportlab\demos\
 I tried reinstalling ReportLab but it's still not there.
Anyone know why this was apparently dropped form the distribution?  Or maybe there's a better way to do what I want?

Johannes Eckstein

Jun 2, 2015, 4:44:51 PM6/2/15
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

reportlab sounds to me a bit too much for your purpose.
You can always reeinstall it manualy using easyinstall or pip.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/reportlab/3.2.0

if you just want to put all your graphs into a pdf you can use Matplotlibs own functionalities.
it is also possible to use matplotlib together with reportlab, so don't worry!

starting with matplotlib is my advice.
when you reach the point where this is not enough you can use pdfrw together with reportlab.
Please see for a minimal example in attached python demo.

Cheers and have Fun!

Johannes

autoreport.py