Error downloading pythonxy with ubuntu repositories

rcl

Feb 5, 2009, 7:14:29 AM2/5/09
to pythonxy-linux, rce...@gmail.com
Hi all!

I have problems to download the library. I have followed all steps at
the webpage: http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu/

That is, first of all, add next lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://apt.paulnovo.org/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://apt.paulnovo.org/ubuntu hardy main

Then I add the GPG key: http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu/cgoued.gpg

myprompt#gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv F213500F
gpg: solicitando clave F213500F de hkp servidor keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: clave F213500F: "Claude Gouedard (Packages key)
<cgo...@gmail.com>" sin cambios
gpg: Cantidad total procesada: 1
gpg: sin cambios: 1

myprompt#gpg --export --armor F213500F | sudo apt-key add -

But I obtain next error when I run "aptitude update":

W: GPG error: http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy Release: Las firmas
siguientes no se pudieron verificar porque su llave pública no está
disponible: NO_PUBKEY 2D4076FD549EC7E2

Could someone help me?

Thank you in advance!
Regards

Claude

Feb 5, 2009, 7:46:06 AM2/5/09
to pythonxy-linux
Hi,

On the paulnovo page at http://apt.paulnovo.org/ I can see :
Index of /
549EC7E2.key
sources.list.d/
ubuntu/

Clik on the first, save in a local place the 549EC7E2.key file and
>> sudo apt-key add 549EC7E2.key
That's all ...
Does this works now ?

Claude

On Feb 5, 1:14 pm, rcl <rced...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have problems to download the library. I have followed all steps at
> the webpage:http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu/
>
> That is, first of all, add next lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> debhttp://apt.paulnovo.org/ubuntuhardy main
> deb-srchttp://apt.paulnovo.org/ubuntuhardy main
>
> Then I add the GPG key:http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu/cgoued.gpg
>
> myprompt#gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv F213500F
> gpg: solicitando clave F213500F de hkp servidor keyserver.ubuntu.com
> gpg: clave F213500F: "Claude Gouedard (Packages key)
> <cgo...@gmail.com>" sin cambios
> gpg: Cantidad total procesada: 1
> gpg:              sin cambios: 1
>
> myprompt#gpg --export --armor F213500F | sudo apt-key add -
>
> But I obtain next error when I run "aptitude update":
>
> W: GPG error:http://apt.paulnovo.orghardy Release: Las firmas

Raquel Cedazo

Feb 5, 2009, 8:25:09 AM2/5/09
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you so much Claude!

Yes, now no problem with the key, but when I run "apt-get update" I obtain this:

Obj http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy Release.gpg
Ign http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy/main Translation-es
Obj http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy Release
Ign http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy/main Packages
Ign http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy/main Sources
Obj http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy/main Packages
Obj http://apt.paulnovo.org hardy/main Sources

and when I look for the package "apt-cache search pythonxy", it doesn't find anything.

Does someone know the reason?

rcl

Feb 5, 2009, 8:34:38 AM2/5/09
to pythonxy-linux

Raquel Cedazo

Feb 5, 2009, 8:25:09 AM2/5/09
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com

rcl

Feb 5, 2009, 8:34:38 AM2/5/09
to pythonxy-linux

Claude

Feb 5, 2009, 10:38:34 AM2/5/09
to pythonxy-linux
Hi, Raquel,

Are you root on your machine ? Did you forget sudo ?
I have no problem with this repo right now.

Claude

On 5 fév, 14:34, rcl <rced...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you so much Claude!
>
> Yes, now no problem with the key, but when I run "apt-get update" I
> obtain this:
>
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy Release.gpg
> Ignhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Translation-es
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy Release
> Ignhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Packages
> Ignhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Sources
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Packages
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Sources

Raquel Cedazo

Feb 6, 2009, 1:50:13 AM2/6/09
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claude,

Yes, of course, I am doing the steps as root.
I have tried in another computer and it happens the same. I don't know what I can do... is there another repository? another key?

Thank you.
Raquel

Claude

Feb 6, 2009, 1:00:26 PM2/6/09
to pythonxy-linux
Hi, Raquel,
Just an idea ... did request only spanish translations ?
There is no spanish pythonxy .... yet !

Claude

Claude

Feb 6, 2009, 1:13:30 PM2/6/09
to pythonxy-linux
Once again, Raquel,

What's your distribution version ?

Can you please try with aptitude, and let me know it's answer :

>> aptitude update
>> aptitude search pythonxy

Please.

Claude

alec resnick

Feb 8, 2009, 1:11:49 PM2/8/09
to pythonxy-linux
For what it's worth, I'm also having trouble with this. I'm on Ubuntu
8.10 intrepid, and I've added:
deb http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu hardy universe
deb-src http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu hardy universe

to my sources.list. apt-get update runs fine, but there are no
results afterward for pythonxy. I've tried changing hardy -->
intrepid in the sources.list, and still no joy.

I also had the same security key problem using the key on
linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu, but I was able to solve it using your
suggestion ( http://groups.google.com/group/pythonxy-linux/msg/61379a612a543432
) Thanks!

-a.

On Feb 5, 8:34 am, rcl <rced...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you so much Claude!
>
> Yes, now no problem with the key, but when I run "apt-get update" I
> obtain this:
>
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy Release.gpg
> Ignhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Translation-es
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy Release
> Ignhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Packages
> Ignhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Sources
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Packages
> Objhttp://apt.paulnovo.orghardy/main Sources

Claude Gouedard

Feb 8, 2009, 2:58:23 PM2/8/09
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Alec,
You have trouble because you are with intrepid, not hardy.
This repo is hardy Ubuntu 8.04.
Your package manager ignore those packages which are not intrepid.
Keeping on with hardy is my choice, because hardy is "Long Term Support".
I think there is no need to be ubuntu-up-to-date to develop scientific python applications.

Claude

Raquel Cedazo

Feb 9, 2009, 2:42:15 AM2/9/09
to Claude Gouedard, pythonx...@googlegroups.com
Great!!! Now it works perfectly!!
In my opinion, it should be explained better in the website: http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu/
Thank you very much Claude, you were very kind.
Regards

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Claude Gouedard <cgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Lets go ....

You see the url http:\\linux.pythonxy.com\ubuntu

First you get my gpg key cgoued.gpg  and --> sudo apt-key add cgoued.gpg
Then, you add at least two lines to your sources.list in /etc/apt/sources.list:

You don't need the deb-src for pythonxy.
Th paulnovo repository is only for the Insight Toolkit. It's a  huge package. If you are a python-beginner, you may forget it  first.

Now, update the internal sources list:

>> apt-get update  OR aptitude update

And then search in  the updated list

>> apt-cache search pythonxy  OR aptitude search pythonxy

You must see four packages pythonxy-base, pythonxy-dev, pythonxy-vtk, pythonxy-applications.

Good luck

Claude

2009/2/8 Raquel Cedazo <rce...@gmail.com>

I didn't have it, but I have just added it and it doesn't find the pythonxy.
Could you send me the steps that you follow from beginning to end? I would like to repeat the whole process.
Thank you!!

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Claude Gouedard <cgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't see http://linux.pythonxy.com in your sources.lists ...

Did I miss it ?

Claude

2009/2/8 rcl <rce...@gmail.com>
Hi, I don't know if I requested only Spanish translations... how can I
find out it?
Do you think this could be the problem?