python(x,y) on opensuse

ckwi...@googlemail.com

Mar 3, 2009, 6:20:58 AM3/3/09
to pythonxy-linux
Hi all,

are there any experiences about the best way of installing python(x,y)
on an opensuse system?

cheers,
Chris

Claude Gouedard

Mar 3, 2009, 7:28:26 AM3/3/09
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Chris
I'm on route to propose an RPM version of pythonxy on march.
I guess it should be usable for Suse.

Claude

Christian Widmer

Mar 3, 2009, 9:04:29 AM3/3/09
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claude,

that's great news! I'm sure you've already looked at it, but the
openSuse build service might be useful to provide packages for various
distributions:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service

It supports openSuse, ubuntu, debian, mandriva, and fedora.

cheers,
Chris

Claude Gouedard

Mar 3, 2009, 1:04:23 PM3/3/09
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Christian

Many thanks for pointing this.
I didn't know and it seems very interesting for me as you say.
I'm installing OpenSuse right now for testing the Build_Service.
Hope I will have good news quickly.
Thanks again !

Claude

badarudi...@iba-suk.edu.pk

Nov 18, 2014, 1:51:07 PM11/18/14
to pythonx...@googlegroups.com
hey guyz, is there any way to install pythonxy on ubuntu?