how to get a gui after ubuntu 8.10 install

Scott

Feb 13, 2009, 9:29:37 AM2/13/09
to pythonxy-linux
How do I start python xy in ubuntu 8.10 amd_64?

after installing pythonxy:

sudo apt-get install pythonxy-dev pythonxy-applications pythonxy-vtk
pythonxy-base

I get nothing when I type pythonxy in the terminal and it is not in
my applications menu nor in /usr/bin

Also when I try to install pythonxy applications it hangsup looking
for insighttoolkit which does not exist in the repositories I have
available. Insighttoolkit3 is available.

pythonxy-applications: Depends: python-insighttoolkit but it is not
installable
Depends: python-insighttoolkit-extras but it
is not installable
Depends: insighttoolkit-examples but it is
not installable

Claude

Feb 13, 2009, 11:06:19 AM2/13/09
to pythonxy-linux