Mahotas MKL or GPU support

mallic...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2018, 7:20:06 AM7/3/18
to pythonvision
HI,
I am new to Computer Vision, creating a image search application using Zernike Moments as feature
I would like to know below
1) Is mahotas support MKL or GPU if yes how to enable it or where can i get these binaries
2) What is the relation of pixel intensity with ZM
please help me as i am stuck and the project is at halt

Observation
Same image with different intensity produces largely different ZM

Luis Pedro Coelho

Jul 3, 2018, 8:05:35 AM7/3/18
to pythonvision
> I am new to Computer Vision, creating a image search application using Zernike Moments as feature
> I would like to know below
> 1) Is mahotas support MKL or GPU if yes how to enable it or where can i get these binaries

Only through the operations that it uses numpy for (which is a minority of them).

> 2) What is the relation of pixel intensity with ZM
> please help me as i am stuck and the project is at halt
>
> Observation
> Same image with different intensity produces largely different ZM

Yes, that is to be expected. The Zernike moments are a deconstruction of the intensity image, not just the shape. Thus, different intensitities will produce different values. In some contexts, binarizing (by thresholding) is a good preprocessing step.

Cheers!
Luis