I recently released mahotas 1.3.0. It includes both a few important bug
fixes (particularly in higher dimension gaussian filtering, which had
some artifacts around the edges before). It also includes Laplacian and
DoG (difference of Gaussians) filtering, courtesy of Jianyu Wang.
- Improve memory handling in freeimage.write_multipage
- Fix moments parameter swap
- Add labeled.bbox function
- Add return_mean and return_mean_ptp arguments to haralick function
- Add difference of Gaussians filter (by Jianyu Wang)
- Add Laplacian filter (by Jianyu Wang)
- Fix crash in median_filter when mismatched arguments are passed
- Fix gaussian_filter1d for ndim > 2
Use "pip install mahotas --upgrade" to upgrade.
On Linux, conda users can also use::
conda install -c https://conda.binstar.org/luispedro
Mahotas is a computer vision library. Algorithms operate on numpy
arrays, but are implemented in C++ for speed (efficiency is a major
concern of mahotas).
It includes algorithms such as watershed, morphological operations,
feature computation (Haralick features, Zernike moments, and SURF), and
**Luis Pedro Coelho** Mahotas: Open source software for scriptable
computer vision in Journal of Open Research Software, 2013.
Mailing List: http://groups.google.com/group/pythonvision
Luis Pedro Coelho | EMBL | http://luispedro.org