I recently released mahotas 1.4.0, a new version of mahotas.
Upgrading is advised as mahotas' API is very stable (please file a bug
report if any code broke).
The major new idea is a shell script to compute features from images,
mahotas-features.py --haralick file1.png file2.png file3.png...
See full docs at
There were also a a number of small improvements and bug fixes which
warrant a new release.
* Add `short` argument to citation() function
* Add `max_iter` argument to thin() function
* Fixed labeled.bbox when there is no background (issue #61, reported
* Added ``mahotas-features.py`` script
* bbox now allows dimensions greater than 2 (including when using the
``as_slice`` and ``border`` arguments)
* Extended croptobbox for dimensions greater than 2
* Added use_x_minus_y_variance option to haralick features
* Add function ``lbp_names``
Use "pip install mahotas --upgrade" to upgrade.
On Linux, conda users can also use::
conda install -c https://conda.binstar.org/luispedro
Mahotas is a computer vision library. Algorithms operate on numpy
arrays, but are implemented in C++ for speed (efficiency is a major
concern of mahotas).
It includes algorithms such as watershed, morphological operations,
feature computation (Haralick features, Zernike moments, and SURF), and
**Luis Pedro Coelho** Mahotas: Open source software for scriptable
computer vision in Journal of Open Research Software, 2013.
Mailing List: http://groups.google.com/group/pythonvision
Luis Pedro Coelho | EMBL | http://luispedro.org