StandOut 3.0.0 latest?

Thomas Anatol da Rocha Woelz

Dec 31, 2014, 1:33:43 AM12/31/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
I am still using StandOut version 3.0.0, still works for me (Python 2.7). I'd like to know if someone is still working on it. Thanks,
Thomas

Michael Foord

Dec 31, 2014, 10:07:00 AM12/31/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com

On 31/12/14 06:33, Thomas Anatol da Rocha Woelz wrote:
I am still using StandOut version 3.0.0, still works for me (Python 2.7). I'd like to know if someone is still working on it. Thanks,

I'm afraid no-one has worked on it for several years. I didn't know anyone was still using it!

All the best,

Michael

Thomas

Thomas Anatol da Rocha Woelz

Feb 5, 2015, 9:06:24 AM2/5/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am a big fan of your ConfigObj (currently mantained by Rob Dennis, Eli Courtwright I think), and at some point I needed a simple way to log stdout to a file, StandOut was there on your website and seemed very straighforward and simple to use. It just works great (at least in Python 2.7). Since it is not being supported (and maybe not compatible with Python 3, I don't know), I may at some point have to switch to just learning how to do it with plain standard library or some other library. Still, while it continues to work for me, I'll stick with it.

Thanks!
Thomas