New CGI Repository

fuzz...@voidspace.org.uk

Apr 9, 2006, 4:35:29 AM4/9/06
to pytho...@googlegroups.com

New CGI Repository

emoticon:test_tubes Once again, thanks to the folk at Python-hosting.com, there is another Subversion repository for some of the Voidspace Python Projects.

This one is for my CGI Projects, and can be found at :

http://svn.cgi.python-hosting.com/

This contains the following projects (each in their own folder on the trunk [1]) :

  • downman

    File download Manager.

  • guestbook

    The Voidspace Python Guestbook.

  • logintools

    An authentication and user account framework for CGI applications.

  • Other

    Containing :

    • akismet.py

      Interface to the Akismet anti-spam web service. It includes an example CGI.

    • approx

      A Python CGI proxy with a couple of related programs.

    • contact

      A simple script to provide a contact/feedback form on a website. Undocumented, but easy to use.

    • HTTP

      • Upload Scripts

        A CGI script/module for receiving uploads from a web form.

        Also a module for uploading files by HTTP, using urllib2.

      • HTTP Test

        An example script showing cookie handling, basic authentication, fetching URLs and understanding HTTP headers and the CGI environment variables.

    • Nanagram

      An online anagram server script.

    • protectedpage

      A simple example that shows how to use the logintools framework. This examples protects static html files behind a login.

    • randlink

      A couple of scripts that can redirect users to a randomly chosen URL.

    • skimpy

      A CGI search engine that uses the Yahoo Web Services. Undocumented, but the code is well commented.

    • webcounter

      A simple script that counts visitors to a webpage.

Of particular interest may be the following :

  • Guestbook

    The version in SVN has several improvements over the latest released version. It has a couple of bugfixes, uses the akismet.py interface, and has additional anti-spam measures.

  • skimpy and contact

    Both of these are previously unreleased. I was going to wait until I had time to write documentation and make a few improvements, but in the meantime...

[1]There are also copies of released versions where, appropriate, in tags.

Posted by Fuzzyman on 2006-04-08 22:03:50.
Categories: Projects, Python, CGI
Visit the Voidspace Techie Blog to read this entry and more.