listutils removed in 0.3.0

slestak

Mar 27, 2008, 3:52:36 PM3/27/08
to pythonutils
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there were flaws in listutils that necessitated its
removal? I install 0.3.0 and realized it wasn't there.

Possibility it could be packaged separately?

Thanks,
slestak

slestak

Mar 27, 2008, 4:00:57 PM3/27/08
to pythonutils
I did find the link at http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/listquote.html,
was able to dl the py.

Michael Foord

Mar 27, 2008, 4:40:47 PM3/27/08
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
slestak wrote:
> I did find the link at http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/listquote.html,
> was able to dl the py.

Glad you found it. I removed it because I didn't think anyone was using
it. :-)

Michael

Steve Romanow

Mar 28, 2008, 8:38:05 AM3/28/08
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Michael Foord wrote:
> slestak wrote:
>> I did find the link at http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/listquote.html,
>> was able to dl the py.
>>

> Glad you found it. I removed it because I didn't think anyone was using
> it. :-)
>
> Michael

Is there any chance I can download 0.2.5, or if I say pretty please, can
listutils module be put back in for 0.3.1?

Michael Foord

Mar 28, 2008, 8:57:40 AM3/28/08
to pytho...@googlegroups.com

I don't use listutils myself and so am not able to maintain it anymore.
Lots of the other modules are out of date in the 0.2.5 release.

Can't you just use listutils as it is? Is there any reason for wanting
the older versions of the other modules?

Michael
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/

Steve Romanow

Mar 28, 2008, 9:13:09 AM3/28/08
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Michael Foord wrote:

> I don't use listutils myself and so am not able to maintain it anymore.
> Lots of the other modules are out of date in the 0.2.5 release.
>
> Can't you just use listutils as it is? Is there any reason for wanting
> the older versions of the other modules?

I can make do! I'm kind of a python noob, so I haven't quite figured
out absolute and relative imports. Would you mind if I continued
listutils maintenance. I've been looking for a project to cut my teeth on.

We can take this off list if you want.

Steve

Michael Foord

Mar 28, 2008, 11:25:49 AM3/28/08
to pytho...@googlegroups.com

Feel free to tinker with listutils and let me know if you feel you have
any useful additions. :-)

Michael