PythonUtils disappeared from PyPi

jkp

Jul 21, 2010, 3:59:33 AM7/21/10
to pythonutils
See here: http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=search&term=pythonutils&submit=search.

Is there a reason for this? It has broken my setup.py install script.

Thanks

Michael Foord

Jul 21, 2010, 12:39:49 PM7/21/10
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

pythonutils is no longer maintained and so I removed the PyPI entry
(quite some time ago). Instead you can use the modules it included
separately or just bundle it with your application.

Sorry about that.

Michael Foord

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/

Jamie Kirkpatrick

Jul 21, 2010, 1:40:44 PM7/21/10
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Is there a reason to remove it though?  I mean, it breaks peoples setup scripts which would previously have been working.  Can you not just mark it as unmaintained on the PyPi homepage for the project?  It seems better than breakage...

--
Jamie Kirkpatrick
07818 422311

Michael Foord

Jul 21, 2010, 2:10:06 PM7/21/10
to pytho...@googlegroups.com, pytho...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the top post, sent from a mobile device.

That may have been a fair point - but I actually deleted the package from PyPI about 9 months ago and this is the first complaint!

Anyway, I'm sorry I broke your setup.py.